Remember those yummy Corn Dogs at the Fair? Well, these Keto Corn Dogs are even better!
It’s the third week of January and I am already thinking of Summer.
Also, the Super Bowl is in a few weeks and I am putting together my favorite Keto Super Bowl recipes, these Keto Corn Dogs included.
I’ve been pretty health-conscious for most of my life but I will say that one of my weaknesses is Corn Dogs.
If I am ever at a fair or see a corn dog stand, I can’t help myself. Yes, I know, they are fried in terrible oil and filled with crap ingredients, but they are so good nevertheless.
I’ve been really missing corn dogs lately and when I thought of what I could use to replace the “batter”, Fathead dough came to mind.
So, I figured, why not wrap hot dogs in fathead dough and bake them? Well, it’s easier said than done. There are a few things you should keep in mind when making this recipe.
- Make sure you use part-skim mozzarella cheese. If you use whole milk mozzarella the dough will be runny and it won’t stick to the hot dogs.
- Add more almond flour to the dough if you need to so you can spread it out thinner and cut strips off and wrap the hot dogs that way.
- Be patient. It takes some time to evenly distribute the dough on the hot dogs and to make it, even so, you don’t have uneven parts.
- Place the hot dogs on a stick before you put the dough on the dogs.
More Keto Recipes to try:
- The Best Keto Snack Recipes
- The Best Grilled Keto Veggie Skewers
- The Best Easy Clean Keto Lunch Recipes
- The Best Keto Recipes for Kids
This post may contain affiliate links in which if a purchase is made I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!