- Place the chicken, garlic, chilies, ginger, rice vinegar, tamari sauce, peppercorns, bay leaves and sweetener in a large zip lock bag.
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. (overnight is ideal)
- Heat avocado oil in a large dutch oven. Add in the chicken (leave marinade in the bag for now) and cook for 3 minutes per side or until skin gets crispy.
- Add in the marinade with 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until sauce thickens a bit.
- Garnish with fresh scallions. Serve with cauliflower rice.
- Serving Size: 2 Drumsticks
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: chicken adobo